My 2013 New Year’s Lawyer Marketing & Reading List- Take Notes & Head Over to Amazon.com
- The Thank You Economy, by Gary Vaynerchuk
- No B.S. Wealth Attraction in the New Economy, by Dan Kennedy
- The Third Screen, by Chuck Martin
- Making Ads Pay, by John Caples
- No B.S. Trust-Based Marketing, by Dan Kennedy & Matt Zagula
- The Slight Edge, by Jeff Olson (Another favorite of mine)
- Words That Work, by Dr. Frank Luntz
- Pitch Anything, by Oren Klaff (A real favorite of mine)
- As The Crow Flies, by Jeffrey Archer (not a marketing book, but still one of my favorite fiction books)
- Israel’s Secret Wars, by Ian Black & Benny Morris (a non-fiction book-A history of Israel’s Intelligence Services)
Your goal as a lawyer looking to market your law firm is to expand your horizons.
You should become a marketing student and learn everything you possibly can. Learn from others who have succeeded in growing their law firm. By constantly learning you will find nuggets of information that you can model and apply in your own law practice.
Surrounding yourself with really smart attorneys who are always eager to learn and share, you will immediately recognize that there is much to learn and study.
As Dan Kennedy and my good friend, fellow trial attorney and lawyer marketing expert Ben Glass always say, “You are the sum of the five closest people you hang out with.”
If the people you hang out with are upbeat, optimistic, energetic and excited to learn and share, you will adopt the same attitude that they have. If you hang out with whiners and complainers, they will become downers and your outlook will reflect those unfortunate viewpoints.
Now, go out and read some great books!